ABOUT OUT HERD
We are constantly striving to excel in the beef industry
The Benefits of Data
Our “Beefmaker” bulls and “Milkmaid” females have more data available on each animal than any other genetic source in Canada. Use it with confidence.
- Unassisted births – consistency – no unpleasant surprises.
- Dam’s first calving at 2 years – conceived on 1st service.
- Homozygous polled – their calves will be genetically dehorned.
- Solid red or solid black colour – will sire more uniform calf crops – several homozygous black.
- Early puberty – extra scrotal size – heifer mates cycle early.
Throughout our 20 years of individual animal feed efficiency testing, we have learned many things including that there is a dramatic difference between all cattle, and that you certainly cannot tell them apart simply by looking at them!
Tangle Ridge Ranch
Feed efficiency is 40% heritable
Use the data to improve your calf crops and your cow herds. Feed efficient cows eat less every day for the 10-15 years that she’s in the herd.